Priya Balachandran, PhD, Pharmaceutical Analytics Product Manager, Thermo Fisher Scientific
Priya Balachandran is the Product Manager in the Pharma Analytics business group. Priya has extensive experience in the area of microbiology and molecular biology. She has a PhD in microbiology from University of Alabama at Birmingham followed by a post-doctoral fellowship at University of California at San Francisco. She joined Life Technologies, now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, in 2007 as an R&D scientist in the applied markets group, where she led multiple assay and sample prep product development projects for validated food safety testing and pharmaceutical markets. She began her product management role in late 2011, and manages the residual DNA testing portfolio as well as the microbiology portfolio, which includes the MicroSEQ® ID system and the ViralSEQ™ assays for the Pharma Analytics business unit within bioproduction.
Viral contamination, including MMV and Vesivirus, is a potential threat to mammalian cell culture manufacturing processes. Many cell culture manufacturing facilities have been negatively impacted following contamination with these viruses.
In this session, you will be introduced to the Detection Kit offering:
- Detection of all known MMV or Vesivirus strains
- Specific, with no cross-reactivity with unrelated DNA
- And incorporating PrepSEQ® Nucleic Acid Extraction Kit, which is optimized for highly efficient DNA recovery
Genotypic testing methods, such as the sequencing approach utilized by the MicroSEQ® Rapid Microbial Identification System in identification of bacteria and fungi. Based on proven DNA sequencing technologies, you will learn the benefits of this system, including:
- Minimize failed IDs, with “right-the-first-time-accuracy” to the species level
- Less confusion with ambiguous results with comprehensive validated libraries for bacteria and fungi
- Return on investment, due to reduced re-testing and reduced dependency on outside services.
Register and watch the webinar now
Please fill out the following form before viewing this webinar. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.